Dean P. Foster's home page
Amazon.com in NYC
- I have several a page summarizing my research (recent: arXiv)
- rants and raves (which are mostly 10 years
or older now)
Over the years, I have worked on several mortality calculators:
- The newest one works for people over 50. It will tell you your
phone friendly version of it was put together by Abaris.
us have started creating a database of eigenwords.
I'm a supporter of open access of science to everyone. Hence I will
only referee for journals that
- Photos: Some mostly old photos.
Old teaching materials are still on line.
- Recent talks:
- COVID-19: A few years ago several of us interupted our research to help
think about COVID.
- In mid-March Lyle and I got excited about contact tracing. As a
tech person, the natural way of taking on contact tracing is via
- A protocol we
- A expository
discussion of contact tracing using technology.
- A letter
to push Europe to not give up on privacy.
- And an App to
implement these ideas.
- I have used these cartoons as a basis for a
fun little talk.
- But, it actually is more important to do tracing by hand with tracers
talking to infected people instead of by using technology:
"When enough people share a delusion, it loses its status as a
psychosis and gets a religious tax exemption instead." Ronald DeSousa
Last modified: Sun Aug 21 18:30:01 UTC 2022