STAT 541: More Logistic Regression
Statistics 541: Logistic Regression 2
- Any project questions?
- ERROR IN BOOK: page 324 the d.f. for the chi-squared is wrong.
it should be k instead of n-k-1.
- No questions after class--got to run to a talk
Logistic Regression 2
Claim: Cars from Japan are "under powered."
- Car data.
- Predict Japan (origin = 3) from HP.
- Same as predicting HP from "origin"
- What if you want to control for the size of the car?
- Interested in t-test from multiple regression
- Again--either regression is fine
- HP regressed on size,origin is Origin significant?
- Origin regressed on size,HP is HP significant?
- Why not control for lots of stuff? So, drop in more variables.
Last modified: Tue Mar 27 08:51:57 2001